Dugout Rookies FAQ’s
To learn more about the Dugout Rookies programs and classes, please click on the question below for more information.
- Can my child join in the middle of a session?While we recommend joining a class at the beginning of a session, yes we offer open enrollment and a child may join in the middle. If this is the case, the remaining class sessions will be prorated accordingly.
- What clothing is appropriate?Children should wear tennis shoes (no cleats) and clothing that they can be active/comfortable in. We do offer Dugout Rookies uniforms that children can wear as well to encourage team spirit.
- Are classes coed?Yes, each class has a mix of boys and girls based upon enrollment.
- Do you offer private classes?If the field is available, we offer private classes for groups of 5 or more children. Please note, private classes are not used as one-on-one training.
- Is there a way to guarantee a spot for my child in all upcoming classes?While we love our active members, each class or session is available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Do the coaches have any training?We take coaching your child seriously and carefully select each coach based upon their experience of working with young children and a knowledge of the game. Before working with your child, each coach must have a completed background check and go thru our training program.
- Can I register my child online?Absolutely! Register online at www.dugoutrookies.com/schedule.
- What if my child misses a class?We understand that sometimes it doesn’t work for your child to be at every class. If your child misses, they may make up a missed class in the current or the following session. Please note that we cannot guarantee a spot.
- Does a parent need to be onsite for each class?A parent needs to be onsite for the Pee Wees and Mites practices. If your child is potty trained and registered for the Pros or Stars practice, you may drop them off.
- Can I register my child for only one class?No, but we offer a free trial class. Click on the free ticket graphic on the homepage to register for a free trial class.
- Do you have a policy for the participation of special needs children?We welcome special needs children to any class session as long as we can assist them properly. Please speak with a Dugout Rookies coach for more information.
- Is payment required before the session starts or can I pay-as-you-go?Each session must be paid in full before the session begins unless your child is joining in the middle of a session in which case the class must be paid for at the prorated amount before their first class.
- Can I register my child for multiple days?Yes! You can register your child for more than one class per week. Each class must be paid for before the session begins unless joining in the middle of the session. We also offer children that participate in more than one class session a discount. Please talk with a Dugout Rookies coach to learn more.
- Can my child participate on any day?NO. To maintain the best coach to child ratio we ask that your child attends their class on the scheduled class day. That being said, call the Dugout Rookies to arrange any make up classes.
- How long does a class/session last?Classes are 55 minutes long and the class sessions are 6 – 10 weeks in length depending on the time of year.
- What is the ratio of coaches and children?The coaches to children ratios depends on the class enrollment. Our goal is one coach to every 8 children.
- If the class seems too easy for my child, can he/she be advanced to the next class even if he/she isn't of age?Absolutely! If a class advancement is appropriate physically and mentally for your child, we will work with their coach to determine if an advancement is appropriate with the next class’s age group and skills.
- Can siblings of different ages be placed in the same class?Typically siblings of different age groups are not placed in the same class unless a child has advanced physically and emotionally where a coach deems it ok for advancement. Please note, we offer a variety of class schedules that are offered at the same time to accommodate family scheduling which allows siblings to participate at the same time.
- Can I request a specific coach?We love our coaches too! While we cannot guarantee that a coach will be available, we do take recommendations or requests.